Local Federal IRS Office
310 South. Broadway
Rochester, MN 55904
Monday-Friday - 8:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
(Closed for lunch 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.)
Services Provided : (507) 281-3044
In Person Assistance with Myfreetaxes clinic:
Rochester Public Library - Wed evenings 5:00pm - 8:00pm
Feb 3, 10, 17, 24
Mar 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Apr 6, 13
Tax Preparation Help!
Free Tax Help
For more information, to find out if you are eligible, or to schedule a FREE appointment, please call United Way at 507-287-1958. They can assist with filing Renter's credit and late taxes after April 15th as well.
If you have gotten your taxes prepared through this program in the past, please call that same location:
Hawthorne Education Center: 507-287-1958
Salvation Army: 507-424-4197
Senior Center: 507-287-1404 (Tues & Thurs afternoons - Seniors only)
Stewartville Civic Center 507.533.4787
Home visits for homebound; translators for non-English speaking available with advance notice. For sites outside of Rochester, call 507-289-2668 (Olmsted County) or 507-634-4899 (Dodge County).
For other Minnesota free tax sites call 2-1-1 (landline) or 1-800-543-7709 (cell phone).
In partnership with AARP Foundation, United Way and You Claim It.
What to bring with you?
- Photo ID
- Birthdate for all persons listed on the tax form
- Social security card or individual tax identification number (card or letter)
- Income and public benefit statements
- income or W2s from each job
- All 1099 forms
- Year end income for MFIP, SSI, MSA, GA, Veteran's benefits, worker's compensation
- Education Credits and Adjustments
- receipts for dependents K-12 educational expenses (including school supplies, tutoring, art classes)
- tuition expenses for university, college or technical college Form 1098T
- Interest statement for student loans Form 1098E
- Child care credits
- child care expenses: provider name, address, tax ID or social security number
- Itemized deductions
- charitable donations
- medical expenses
- mortgage interest Form 1098
- Additional documents
- last year's tax return
- direct deposit information: voided check or routing and account number
- Property taxes
- Homeowner statements: real estate taxes paid, statement of property tax payable in 2014
- renter statements: certificate of rent paid
Get Forms by Mail
- Federal 1-800-829-3676
- State 1-800-652-9094
- IRS Order Forms Online
Available at Library
Federal Tax Year 2016 Forms
This year the IRS has sent us:
- 1040 FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
- 1040A FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
- 1040EZ FORMS AND INSTRUCTIONS
We do not expect to get any other paper forms and are not expecting to be able to order replacements for these forms, so come early if you want a free, printed form.
Minnesota State Tax Year 2016
The State of Minnesota is not sending us any MN State tax forms
You may also access additional forms from the IRS website and the Minnesota Department of Revenue website from any library computer. They may be printed at the library (in black & white) for $0.10 / page. Reference Desk staff on the 2nd floor can assist you in locating specific forms and printing them out.
Ask A Librarian
Email the Library